22 December 2017

Free For All Friday No. 475 by Anita

I must admit that sometimes I find it hard to write the Free For All Fridays!
It seems that either I'm lacking in inspiration, or what I start to write really needs a much longer post.

As it's my last FFAF of 2017, I thought I'd reflect a little on how my year has been from a Filofax perspective... I have sold more binders than I've purchased, and I've learnt some useful lessons from some of those bought that weren't quite right for me. It's been a busy year and my binder has been invaluable, I'm happy with my set up and it just works well for me. Apart from trying out the ones that didn't work out, I've been in my red Winchester for nearly all of 2017 and am feeling very content now. 2018 will hopefully be more of the same, using up supplies I already own and I will be selling everything except the Winchester. 

How has your year been with your planner(s), and will you be staying with the same set up or ones for the new year?

And as always on Fridays, please feel free to discuss anything ring-bound planner related.
Wishing you all a merry Christmas and a very happy New Year.

2 comments:

  1. I, too, have faffed back and forth between wanting to upsize to either my Franklin Covey Classic Easy Plan or my newly acquired Filofax Personal Vintage Pink (!!). I've tried using companion notebooks for either dialies or bullet journaling, but wound up ditching within a few weeks. They all wind up getting ditched. I've been in my Filofax Pocket Malden since Jan 2016 as my planner/wallet combo and have absolutely no complaints or issues. Whenever I get the urge to try something else, I first try to find a way to make it work in the pocket. I'm used to it, the size is perfect in my hand, it's tiny enough for me to carry around in my hand without it looking like I'm lugging a planner around, can leave on my desk without it taking up room and fits in every handbag I have from a tote to a clutch purse. I follow the planner community on IG and most of the agonizing I see every time this year is 'which planner should I use next year?" My answer is always - use what you have been - especially if it works. Don't stir up the pot or get out of your comfort zone. It's a planner - a book with a calendar in it. It's supposed to make your life easier rather than cause you stress. Nevermind what every one else is using or how pretty this one has their Hobonichi decorated or the beautiful calligraphy someone used for headers in their bullet journal. What works for someone else may not work for us. I've learned to avoid getting distracted by shiny objects which enabled me to stick with what I'm comfortable with. I have enough to do end of year - worrying over what planner to use for the next year shouldn't be one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next year I intend to use formats I designed in Word 2016. For the past two years I drew the layouts by hand. I wanted to create them on the computer sooner but there was not much pressure for this effort. I designed the inserts for someone I know well and me and I am not selling them to that person.

    ReplyDelete