23 September 2016

Free For All Friday No. 410 by Nan

Filofax organizers come in a few standard sizes: A4, A5, Personal (and Compact, which is Personal size paper in a smaller ring size), Pocket, and Mini. There are also some discontinued sizes, such as Deskfax (which had 9 holes) and M2 (a really mini size with only 3 holes).

I recently saw a friend who loves the Deskfax size and collects vintage binders. The Deskfax paper size is actually B5, which he orders from Japanese paper suppliers.

Some people love A6 paper, which is very hard to get in North America but common among European and Japanese manufacturers. On the other hand, if you love the Franklin Covey brand and live in Europe, you have to deal with 8.5x11 paper, which is just a little shorter and wider than A4.

Are you one of those outliers? How do you get your hands on paper and organizers in sizes that aren't sold in your country?

Something to ponder as you enjoy the weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I use a B6 size, but luckily for me while the true measurement is 4.9" x 6.9" or something like that, 5" x 7" fits just as well. There's no need to major adjustments there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the past I bought the items from the source but now I refrain from it. For my Franklin pocket binder I drew my format on lined sheets of notebooks and journals. Since I do not have many sheets of one notebook I searched for the paper but then decided to use a cover without rings or strings instead of the binder. Now I will draw my 2017 format on the pages of a bound notebook. I may draw the format for the last months of this year at the end and remove those pages with a perforator. Another option is to design my layout on the computer but I do not want to buy specific paper. I am not interested in buying products because I would rather use the ones I have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the A5 size, but just punch to fit in my Franklin Coveys. No size loyalty here. My binder has so many size papers in it.

    ReplyDelete