25 October 2015

Reader Under The Spotlight - Izabelle

Today I would like to introduce you to Isabelle. 

Hello ! Bonjour !
My name is Izabelle and I'm a Filofax addict.  I'm American and I live in France with my beloved husband and our adorable daughter. 

I work as an ESL teacher in a secondary school and I love my job. I also love tea, travelling, reading, listening to music, white wine, cooking, shoes, singing, yellow, laughing out loud, smelly cheese and doing the dishes... among many other things and not necessarily in that order. ^^ 

Though my phone is said to be my third hand, I love writing things down and listing things on paper, hence my collection of Filofax organisers. You can follow me on Instagram @a_pop_of_yellow where I post pictures of my Filofax decorations, "planner staging" and all that jazz ;-) I'm also an active member of the French planner community on Facebook where we try to "spread the Filofax love" Ha-ha ! ^^ 

Thanks for featuring me on your fantastic blog ! 

1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?

My first organizer was a non brand one when I was in high school (in the last century.. oops !) , it was the sign that I was becoming a grown-up. ^^ 

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

I have used Moleskine agendas and the Montblanc Meisterstück zipped organizer is on my dreamlist. 

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

I love the grained leather of the Finsbury and Finchley but I also love the simplicity of the Original. So I don't have A current favorite but many, since I switch from one color to another according to my mood. As far as the size is concerned, I only have A5 (for work) and personal size. I think that pocket size are way too small and I definitely can't use a pocket size though some of them are really cute.

4. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?
I have 38 Filofax (soon 39). Don't freak out, dear readers ! ^^
- 6 A5 Original
- 4 A5 Finsbury
- 1 A5 Spring green Chameleon
- 11 personal Original
- 3 personal Finsbury
- 2 personal zip Lockwood
- 1 personal red Adelphi
- 1 personal black Finchley
- 1 personal Ebony Deco
- 1 personal compact gold Saffiano
- 5 personal compact Finsbury
- 1 personal Calipso
- 1 pocket Picadilly
and I know I've got a brown slimline Finsbury, hidden in a box somewhere. 
5. What is the oldest organiser in your collection?

A yellow Picadilly personal size I bought in a Filofax store in London in 1999.

6. What do you use your organisers for?

They all have a function. I mainly use the personal size for personal (^^) subjects, just to name a few:
- a tea journal
- a fitness journal
- my daughter's journal
- a religious journal
- a Xmas journal (we have a large family and we often celebrate Xmas abroad so things need to be organized)
- a music journal
- a fragrance journal (in which I list the candles I have and those I want to buy, the different scents I like and memories related to them...)
- a wine journal
- a sign language journal
.... 
I use the A5 for work : one of them is my teacher planner and the others are for various professional projects, and the compact size are all related to money, budget and financial projects.

Actually, I use my planners as binders.

7. How many sections do you have in your organiser and what is each section used for?

I always have 5 sections in all my binders. (call it OCD...)

Here are the five sections in our wine journal, for example : 
1. tasting journal
2. white wine inventory & wishlist
3. red wine inventory & wishlist
4. champagne inventory & wishlist
5. adresses, shops, exhibitions
(we don't like rosé... is that real wine, anyway ? ^^) 
8. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

The leather ! I recently bought a Saffiano and I must say that I don't like it as much as I love those made of leather. But it's gold and I love that. 

9. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

An neon yellow Original with gold rings (better wear shades when you open it ! )

10. How do you carry your Filofax?

In my purse and in a pouch or a bag organizer. At work, it's in my schoolbag protected by an adjustable book cover. I'm not babying them but I'm taking care them. 

11. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

I really love the Original and the last ones I bought are the Original Jack (A5 and personal size), they're absolutely beautiful. 

12. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax or other brand of organiser? Which model?

About 150€ for a personal ebony Deco (on sale)

13. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?

Using a personal compact as a wallet. 

14. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

Is that a real question ? ^^ It's so nice to share a passion with such a cheerful community. 

15. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

Nothing ! 

16. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?

Lianne La Havas' last LP "Blood"

17. Have you ever attended a Philofaxy meet-up? if not do you intend to one day?

Not yet but I really hope there'll be one some day in France. 

18. What was the last movie you watched?

La Famille Bélier, un French movie about the everyday life of a non-deaf teenager and her hearing-impaired family. The movie I wanted to see was cancelled so I had to choose another one and this one was so popular at that time, I decided to give it a go. It's filled with clichés but quite funny though. 

19. What was the last book you read?

Jamie Oliver's last cookbook, Everyday Superfood. Actually, Filofax and The Naked Chef are kind of related for me : I discovered both while I was living in England 16 years ago. 

Thank you Izabelle.

As you know we are always looking for new people to appear in our 'Reader Under Spotlight feature, you don't have to be 'well known' or a long term user to be considered to appear in this 'spot'.

So please contact Steve philofaxy at gmail dot com today. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Nice interview, I'd love to see your planner collection and setup! I would love a meetup in France too!

    ReplyDelete