28 September 2009

New Year's Resolutions!

Hey everybody, how are those New Year's resolutions going? What, you ask? It's September! Nobody is thinking of New Year's resolutions. To which I reply: exactly. Because if you think about it, by now you have either achieved your resolutions, are still working on them, or have scrapped them entirely. So, which is it?

Let's take a look at my New Year's resolutions this year and see how I'm doing. I'll have a look in my trusty Filofax to review what exactly those were:

1) Stick to an exercise program. I have been off and on with this one. I was actually doing really well with it for a couple of months until this month with the simultaneous occurrence of my in-laws staying with us for two weeks and me having a rotten cold that I am still trying to get rid of. I have plans to get back with it soon!

2) Save X amount of dollars in my bank account. Welllll...this one hasn't been going as well as I expected. There have been several trips this year that I didn't foresee. They have all been good, and of course I love to travel. And I know where the money went. But, the bank account is definitely not where I hoped it would be by this time.

You get the idea so I won't bore you with the rest. Interestingly, looking back through my Filofax archives I discovered that I have had the same NYRs for the last 3 years now! Of course, they have mostly been ongoing-type things rather than distinct goals to achieve. I guess my lesson learned is that it's inevitable to get sidetracked during the year for various reasons, but I just have to get back at it and keep my goals in mind.

What were your New Year's resolutions this year? Do they tend to be ongoing things like eat healthier and exercise, or do you tend to set distinct goals to achieve such as complete degree, get promotion etc? How are you doing with those resolutions so far this year? Have any of them changed, or are no longer relevant to your current situation? And, are you thinking yet what your resolutions will be for this New Year?

4 comments:

  1. I promised to try and keep my diary journal for more than just a few weeks.

    Well I will admit to not recording something everyday, but I have recorded key events so far. My notes will all come in useful when we start putting together our Christmas Newsletter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This year: Write resolutions in filofax, and check up on monthly basis to make sure I'm on track!

    ReplyDelete
  3. completely in agreement with Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I've never made any NYR, simply because I know I will forget about them after my fourth glass of wine on the 1st of January!!
    What I do keep track of (both mental and Filo'ed) though, are all those things I've been able to achieve in the course of the year. I like to make a 'mental balance' about them when the year is over. It really boosts your self-esteem ;)

    ReplyDelete